Let’s first start with this Photo, before we get into details: *It is my own Camera! It looks gorgeous, Don’t you agree?* :)
That is what I’m going to talk about in this post; Old, Vintage, and Antique Cameras!
- Something that is over 100 years old and you’re using it right now! It’s like having a time-machine that brought to you “Trojan Horse” to play around with it!
- Something that you will really enjoy and find the joy into it, once you start using it!
- It is about knowing photography more; How exposure works?; How negatives form?; How to process an old film?; How.. How and even more How’s in that!
It’s all started when I’ve been in Chicago for 6 months. I got this internship, and I was lucky to get it!
Since I was into photography, I thought of buying old really OLD Cameras from ebay! I kept looking, and I bought some! Then I thought of testing those lovely looking cameras that I got! I start getting the manuals from the internet, I kept looking, I found the film types that each camera uses. I started purchasing those film types! Non-stopping, man, you gotta love it once you start it!
Now, after I got back to my country. I rested for like a month, but now I’m getting back to it. I got my Chemicals ready, I got my films, I got my Cameras, I got my passionate about it, I got almost everything that I need!
This thing taught me a lot of things about photography:
- It taught me how to measure the exposure/ISO/shutter-speed/aperture manually!
- It taught me how to process an old film and how to use the right Chemicals; How to Re-spool a film, too!
- It taught me how the photos actually form!
- It taught me how Photography has been developed/improved over the years!
- It taught me how to create my own Darkroom!
Here are some of the negatives I got after processing two different films, as an experiment:
- This is my 1st attempt: *Only one out of the 12 negatives, is clear!*
- This is my 2nd attempt: *Looks better than the 1st attempt, don’t you agree?*
So for now, I’m waiting my scanner “Epson V500” an easy way to convert Negatives to Photos and scan them to your computer!
Till then, If you got any question regarding this, I’d be happy to help and to provide tips.
Leave your comment and I will be happy to assist you in this field :)