I can’t believe they are going to produce the Petzval Portrait Lens; IT IS ON IN KICKSTARTER.. AWESOME
I just backed it for $400 bledge, and seriously can’t wait to use it!
The Waterhouse Aperture System
The new Lomography Petzval Lens works using a traditional Waterhouse aperture system. With this design, your lens comes with a set of stops (also known as diaphragms). Each diaphragm is drilled with a hole of a different size; these sizes correspond to the f-stop or aperture. So if you’d like to shoot with f/4 aperture, you select the f/4 diaphragm and insert it into the aperture slot of your lens; if you’d like to shoot with a f/11 aperture, you select the f/11 diaphragm and so on. Here are the aperture options for the Lomography Petzval lens:
Lens Technical Specifications
- Focal Length: 85mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.2
- Apertures: Waterhouse aperture set, up to f/16
- Image Circle: 44mm
- Field of View: 30 degrees
- Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF and Nikon F
- Electronic contacts: No
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1m
- Focusing Mechanism: Gear Rack Focusing
- Lens Construction: 4 Elements in 3 Groups
- Filter Thread: 67mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 120mm x 85mm x 80mm (Please note: This is an estimate based on the first working sample)
- Weight: 500g (Please note: This is an estimate based on the first working sample)
Excited, and Happy :D
The bokeh is INSANE.
The project is Over here.